Virus Removal for Macs and PCs
The Mac Doctor really dislikes viruses. You know, the kind that attack your Mac or PC and cripple it to the point that you can’t use it any longer. Viruses affect everything– and we do mean everything! If you’ve ever had a virus on your Mac or PC, you know exactly what we’re talking about. So, who are you going to call about virus removal? Why, the Mac Doctor, of course!
If Your Mac or PC Has a Virus
- Turn off the machine. The Mac Doctor recommends that you power down the machine to keep the virus from doing any further harm. Unless you know what kind of virus the machine is suffering from, your best bet is to turn it off right away.
- Contact the Mac Doctor. Don’t wait. The sooner you contact the Mac Doctor, the sooner he can begin the process of diagnosing the problem and help you get rid of the virus. If you can, be prepared to describe what you was wrong with the machine (odd characters/symbols, blue screen, etc.). This will help the Mac Doctor get started right away.
Stop Viruses Before they Start
Just like washing your hands and seeing your doctor for regular check-ups is important to keeping your body healthy, you need to take care of your Mac or PC as well. The Mac Doctor recommends that you:
- Make sure you have a good anti-virus program installed on your machine. This will help detect viruses when they first show up and keep them from spreading.
- Avoid opening attachments from people you do not trust. Many viruses are spread through e-mail attachments and you never know they are there.
- Be careful about which Web sites you visit. Unfortunately, some Web sites in the dark alleys of the Internet can install malware on your machine and infect it with viruses.
Of course, the best way to prevent viruses on your Mac or PC is to join the Mac Doctor’s HMO (Happy Mac Owner) plan. When you’re on the HMO Plan, you’ll get regular visits from the Mac Doctor to make sure that your Mac or PC is virus-free AND he will keep your machine running like new!